Energy Conservation and Recycling
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. At Art of Pottery, we are always looking for ways to reduce our use of resources every step of the way. We reuse or recycle our cardboard, paper and packaging materials. Very little goes to waste. When purchasing supplies, we are conscious of finding recycled or recyclable materials be it for our office, warehouse, or for packaging materials. We constantly have an eye out for making our packaging even more earth-friendly.
- No printed invoices. In efforts to reduce our paper waste, you will always receive tracking, invoices, and updates from our team via email.
- No printed packing slips.
- We use appropriately sized boxes.
- We reuse the paper boxes that we receive product in.
- Whenever possible we use recycled or recyclable shipping materials such as eco-friendly Geami WrapPak instead of bubble packaging and foam peanuts. The benefits:
- 100% recyclable, renewable, reusable and biodegradable. Easy for you to recycle in curbside recycling bins or you composting bin.
- Made with raw materials from sustainably managed forests & producers.
- We print our “Thank You” cards on 100% recycled paper.
All of the products we sell are eco-friendly. What does eco-friendly mean? Eco-friendly literally means earth-friendly or not harmful to the environment. This term most commonly refers to products that contribute to green living or practices that help conserve resources like water and energy. Eco-friendly products also prevent contributions to air, water and land pollution. You can engage in eco-friendly habits or practices by being more conscious of how you use resources.
Making a truly eco-friendly product keeps both environmental and human safety in mind. By using only natural materials like clay and natural pigments, our pottery is perfect for everyday use and the artists that create these pieces have no risk of being exposed to harmful chemicals.
Art of Pottery has teamed up two non-profits: One Tree Planted and Pacific Wild. We donate At least 3% of total sales (not just profit) from our online sales so they can do the hard work!